Chirp!:

    Saturday, February 01, 2014

    New Year :: New You

    Well, actually, that should read, "New Year, New Me" and I really want to add disclaimers
    like "hopefully", but I wont, because I know the odds are stacked against me and I can even
    see my inner me sort of nibbling her fingernails with that irky face she makes just before
    someone takes a right tumble.

    She can sod off.


    Recently I became involved with Dettol's Healthy Homes campaign. 
    I joined with a view to some Spring Cleaning, and I love to tell people what I really think
    ( ho ho! ), but as i've made some life changes in recent weeks, I realise the term
    "Healthy Homes" can be taken a step further.


    hbfotografic-blog-dettol-healthyhomes-1 (2)


    The kids went back to school this week.  TWO kids at the one school, full time.

    It's been a long time coming for me, and it's definitely time.  Last year was HARD. 
    I felt out of the loop with friends who had been childfree for a while, and juggling work
    and the sporadic session times of public kinder is tricky.  It was time.

    I've put on a tonne of weight in recent years - we used to walk everywhere, but once the
    younger mister dropped the pram, my world fell apart. 

    He can't walk that far, he wants me to carry him, he's just going to sit on this sidewalk
    stubbornly until the police come and take him away.  So we got used to driving. 

    Everywhere. 
    Or not going out at all.

    It was simply too hard, and he's such a sweetie at home.
    Not.throwing.a.tantrum. 

    Life slowed, then stilled. 


    Mama no longer excercised, and mama doesn't like exercises to begin with. 

    Walking was always my champion.  With walking I can indulge in my favourite pursuits -
    checking out the neighbourhood .. ooh, I like that house .. what a gorgeous street, what do you
    think that plant is?, what a beautiful garden.. 

    I'm also unplugged.  And I say hi to people if they are out the front. 
    It's awfully good for your heart in more ways that one. 

    And I miss it.  I miss the freedom of me. 

    So this year has started well - I drilled it into them from Term 4 last year that this year was
    going to be different, more healthy, and we WOULD be walking to school each day again,
    and home when after-school commitments allowed. 

    And on that first day, after drop off, I walked home, got in my car, drove ALONE to my
    nearest shopping centre and used some giftcards to buy a food steamer .. and a juicer. 

    Healthy.  Hopefully.

    Not that I think food is the problem, I think it's age+genetics+wine+no exercise.
     
    Mainly no exercise. 

    But at my age, it's time to stop pretending i'm 20years younger and that the upsized
    fries will not stick.

    Because they do.  They most certainly do.

    Ok, so after the steamer and the juicer, I got to work de-holidaying the home. 
    Put a load of laundry on, started to clean.


    hbfotografic-blog-dettol-healthyhomes-1 (7)



    I did the whole kitchen with the Dettol Power & Pure .. from the S/steel cooker to the
    caesarstone benchtops .. it works really well and has a fresh fragrance that I would
    describe as "Clean" and Dettol would describe as "Oxygen Splash" ..

    Either way, gets the job done! :D


    Well, this is embarrassing .. hardly the pic I want to display, but the bathroom grout
    was well overdue O_o ..


    hbfotografic-blog-dettol-healthyhomes-1 (4)


    GAH!  UGH!

    Sprayed a little Power & Pure Bathroom and grabbed one of the many toothbrushes
    the males in my family discard in the cabinet as putting them in the bin seems a bit like hard work.

    Spray, Stay, Quick Scrub, Rinse.  Sweet.


    hbfotografic-blog-dettol-healthyhomes-1 (5)


    I did the countertops with the Multi-Purpose Wipes. 
    Although, more often I grabbed one of the floor wipes from the flat/soft-pack and used that. 

    Purely personal packaging preference, they did the same job equally fine.


    hbfotografic-blog-dettol-healthyhomes-1 (1)


    Floors done in a jiffy - no mop, no slop....


    hbfotografic-blog-dettol-healthyhomes-1 (6)



    Leaving more time for this:

    :D


    hbfotografic-blog-dettol-healthyhomes-1 (3)



    Healthy Homes, Happy Homes!

    2014 - Here's to greater balance & happier days.


    Xx

    2 comments:

    ellabellabooblog said...

    I saw you walking and chatting. I was going to yell out the car something about not having seen you for ages but restrained myself. You looked content.

    Karina Roberts said...

    Nice work honey! That bathroom floor looks amazing! I really need to do some exercise too...my motivation got lost somewhere in 2012 and I'm still looking for it! All the best for a happy and healthy 2014 for you. xx

    Post a Comment

    Hey, You just read me, and this is crazy,
    But here's my Blogger, Comment maybe <3